Barbara J. Katzenberg, Attorney at Law
Contact Us Today

Get help resolving your relocation-related custody dispute

Are you the primary custody holder of your children? Do you need to move, either out-of-state or several hours away from your current location in Massachusetts? Think you can just pick up and move without question? Think again. If your ex has any level of custody or visitation rights, your need or desire to relocate may cause a major custody dispute that you may have to go to court to resolve.

The need or desire to relocate happens. People get new jobs, they need family support, or they get remarried -- among other things -- any of which could require a move. When a relocation takes children away from one of their parents, questions are likely to be raised about whether the move truly serves the children's best interests.

Whether you are fighting for a relocation or fighting against having your children taken far away from you, you are not alone. You can seek legal counsel to help you in your fight. To learn how having an attorney at your side can benefit your case, please take a look at our firm's webpage.

Not all relocation-related custody disputes require litigation in order to reach a resolution. It is possible for parents in Massachusetts to reach agreeable terms through private negotiations or mediation. If you go this route, agreed changes will not take effect until a judge signs off on a new custody order. Regardless of how your custody dispute is ultimately settled, legal counsel can be at your side, helping you along the way.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Are You Ready To Talk?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

390 Main Street
Suite 750
Worcester, MA 01608

Phone: 508-471-3281
Fax: 508-792-0832
Map & Directions