Barbara J. Katzenberg, Attorney at Law
Contact Us Today

Child Support Archives

A woman's search for child support landed her in jail

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make sure one's children are provided for. Unfortunately, many custodial parents in Massachusetts and elsewhere find collecting child support to be much harder than it should be. Those ordered to pay may lack income or have a number of other reasons as they why they believe they shouldn't have to pay up. What can custodial parents do when child support is not being paid?

Post-divorce finances and kids' higher education

Numerous parents in Massachusetts would love to help their children pay for college someday. Unfortunately, divorce can affect finances and make such a goal seem almost impossible. Can anything be done to ensure money is there for college, even when dealing with post-divorce financial issues?

Child support and the out-of-country parent

In today's world, people can live and work just about anywhere. Following divorce or separation from a significant other, this means that one may be dealing with issues that have to take international laws into consideration. A recent case in another state regarding child support and an out-of-country parent may be of interest to Massachusetts residents who find themselves in similar circumstances. 

When you want a child support adjustment but your ex does not

Following a divorce or separation that involves children, one parent is likely to be ordered to pay child support. That order of support will stand until either the affected children reach adulthood or a child support adjustment is sought. If only one parent wants to change up the terms of a support order, he or she must file the appropriate motion in a Massachusetts court.

Problems at the DOR causing child support issues

The Massachusetts Department of Revenue has been in the press quite a bit lately -- and not for anything good. Not only did a data breach occur, affecting 39,000 business owners, but an issue in the system has also caused the department to fail in delivering child support payments this year to a number of parents who are supposed to be receiving such funds. Here is what is known about these issues thus far.

How will I receive child support?

Being the primary custody holder of one's children can leave one financially strapped. Child support is generally ordered to make sure children's needs continue to be met when parents split up. How should support-receiving parents in Massachusetts expect to get their funds?

Contract job income and child support

More Americans are turning to contract jobs for full or part-time employment. Some go this route in order to gain some freedom and others do it for the extra cash it can offer. While contract jobs can be a good thing, in terms of child support it can make figuring out and obtaining a fair support order rather difficult for the receiving parent. How does the state of Massachusetts treat contract income in terms of child support?

Dean McDermott on the hook for not paying child support, again

Some people cannot catch a break, it seems. When it comes to family law matters, such as conflicts over child support, celebrities have it pretty bad because their personal business is often splashed all over the news. Whether Massachusetts residents like such stories or not, there is something that can be learned from them.

Are You Ready To Talk?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

390 Main Street
Suite 750
Worcester, MA 01608

Phone: 508-471-3281
Fax: 508-792-0832
Map & Directions