A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

Not receiving your alimony payments?

On Behalf of | Mar 30, 2018 | Alimony, Firm News |

You went through the divorce process. As part of your settlement, your ex was ordered to pay alimony to you for a set period of time. He or she made payments for a few months and then they stopped. If you are not receiving your court-ordered spousal support, the state of Massachusetts allows you to utilize enforcement options in order to get paid.

You’d think if you have a court order, dealing with non-payment would never be an issue. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. The support-paying spouse either decides he or she cannot afford the payment amount or does not feel that he or she should have to pay. At the end of the day, it is not up to them to make such a decision, though. If they want to modify or end an alimony order, they need to make such a request in court.

If you find yourself in a position where you are not getting paid as you should be, you have options. With help, you can get the state to enforce the court order and collect payment. A few enforcement options include wage garnishment, tax refund withholding, and personal and professional license suspension — among various others.

If you are not sure where to turn when you know your spouse is in violation of your divorce court order, you can always turn to an experienced attorney for assistance. Legal counsel will be able to review your case and offer a hand in correcting the issue. To learn more about how a Massachusetts-based attorney can help you with this type of alimony issue, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.