A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

Not happy with your child custody arrangement?

On Behalf of | May 11, 2018 | Child Custody, Firm News |

Not too long ago, you got a divorce. As part of your settlement, a child custody order was issued that, at the time, you felt was fair or, at least, fair enough. It worked, and you didn’t feel it was worth fighting about. Well, times have changed, and you’ve changed your mind. What can parents in Massachusetts who are unhappy with their child custody arrangements do to address the situation?

Believe it or not, child custody orders are not set in stone. They can be changed if the requested change is thought to be best for the children. That last part is key.

Modifications are not just handed out to anyone who submits a request. This does not mean that seeking an adjustment is a waste of your time. If you have reason to believe that a change would benefit you and your children, filing the modification request and going through the process may certainly prove worth your time and effort. An experienced attorney will have the ability to review your case and help you decide if the adjustment is something you can realistically pursue.

Child custody matters are not always easy to address, and many parents in Massachusetts and elsewhere struggle to agree on what type of arrangement will serve their children best. Sometimes, changes are necessary to meet family needs and wants. It is okay to ask for an adjustment. An experienced attorney can help you in your quest of achieving the custody plan that will better serve your family. To learn how, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.