Barbara J. Katzenberg, Attorney at Law
Contact Us Today

When a child's needs require a child support adjustment

The one thing you can expect in life is that change is inevitable. Things happen and adjustments need to be made sometimes. This is certainly true when it comes to child support. If you have a support order in Massachusetts and your child's needs have changed, you may seek to have your order modified.

The thing with child support is that an order is written for a family's situation at that time. What happens if a child experiences a medical event? What happens if a child gets involved in an expensive sport or hobby? What happens if there are changes to a custody plan? A number of things may happen between the time an order is entered and a child turns 18 that require both parents to reconsider how much each is required to provide in financial support.

If your child's needs have changed and you have questions about your support order and if you qualify for an adjustment, legal counsel may be able to answer your questions and help you seek the modification you desire. There are two ways to go about achieving a modification. The first is by negotiation and drawing up new terms with your ex. The second is by filing an official motion in court. Legal counsel can assist you with either process.

At the end of the day, the state of Massachusetts just wants to make sure children have the financial support they need to thrive. If a child support adjustment achieves that, then it may be granted. To learn more about child support and how an attorney can help you seek a modification, please visit our firm's website.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Are You Ready To Talk?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

390 Main Street
Suite 750
Worcester, MA 01608

Phone: 508-471-3281
Fax: 508-792-0832
Map & Directions