A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

A Brighter Future Is Within Your Reach

Are your parenting plans set for summer? Now is the time to check

On Behalf of | Mar 22, 2019 | Child Custody, Firm News |

Sharing custody of your children with your ex is not always the easiest thing to manage. Parenting plans are put in place with the hopes that they will be good long-term, but sometimes, they end up needing changing. With Massachusetts residents starting to get their summer plans in place, now would be a good time to re-evaluate current custody arrangements in order to make sure they align with expected schedule changes and family vacations.

The basic terms of a shared custody agreement are usually pretty solid. It is typically up to the parents to fill in the finer details of how the arrangement will actually work. Some parents find that they need different parenting plans in place for summer vacation than they do during the school year. If you feel this is what your family needs, you can request it when first figuring out custody arrangements. If it is something you come to feel is necessary down the line, modifying a parenting plan may be a possibility.

Those who wish to modify their plans may do so either temporarily or permanently. If something comes up and you just need a change for this summer, you may be able to work out a temporary agreement with your ex without going to court — still put it in writing, though, so if any issues arise, you have documentation to help your case. When permanent adjustments are wanted, an official modification request needs to be filed in court. Legal counsel can help you with that.

Establishing parenting plans that truly work for your family year-round may take time and a little trial and error. Eventually, you will figure it out. A Massachusetts-based family law attorney can assist you in your search for custody terms that suit your family’s unique needs. To learn more about custody issues and how legal counsel can help with resolving them, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.